"Don't Take The Risk This Season - Get The Flu Vaccine"
Influenza Immunization Program
Program Advice March 2021 (eligibility and vaccines)
Program Advice March 2021
(eligibility and vaccines)
Report all influenza vaccinations to the Australian Immunisation Register (AIR)
6 months to less than 5 years
Vaxigrip Tetra® OR Fluarix Tetra®*
• ALL children aged 6 months to <5 years
• Give two doses one month apart if this is the first year of receiving influenza vaccine
5 to 64 years
Vaxigrip Tetra® OR Fluarix Tetra® OR Afluria Quad®
• ALL Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people aged 5 to <65 years
• Individuals with medical conditions predisposing them to severe influenza
• ALL pregnant women at any stage of pregnancy
• Give two doses one month apart for children aged <9 years if this is the first year of receiving influenza vaccine
65 years and over
• ALL individuals aged 65 years and over
DO NOT USE THIS VACCINE FOR ANY OTHER AGE GROUP
Let’s discuss the flu shot
We hear many reasons as to why our patients are reluctant to get it. “I don’t get sick”, “I know someone who got the flu shot and had the flu for 4 months” etc etc
It is important to see that in light of everything happening in the world right now (*cough cough* Covid-19) we need to acknowledge the impact this vaccine can have.
The vaccine isn’t just for YOU. It is for those around you, your loved ones, your colleagues, your neighbours, anyone you come into contact with…(you get the idea)!
With limited stock available, we are fortunate to still have some government funded vaccines available (based on eligibility).
That small sting is SO WORTH protecting yourself and your loved ones!
Contact us now on 07 3818 9400 to get yours now!